Friday, December 3

PEPPERMINT TAG SWAP: ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHERS...

Greetings, dear reader!


At long last, I am finished with my 22 tags for the Peppermint Tag Swap at Elizabeth's Bluebird Papercrafts.

  

At the Crop for Africa Missions, we had several ladies who had their Cricut machines out and humming...I asked one if she had a cupcake on any of her cartridges...


On a cartridge entitled Celebrations, she found a cupcake that would work...I asked her to cut ONE, from chipboard for me to use as a template...


 

And (so as not to dull her blade) I cut the rest by hand. 22 cupcakes from chipboard...my "scissor hand" was screaming! 

I envisioned a Christmas cupcake...and what I would love to see under a glass dome on my table...

 

 And then I thought "I'd better check back at Elizabeth's and see when I need to send these...THAT is when I saw it...(insert "dum dum dum" ominous piano tune here)

"Our tags will again be 6" x 3", a whole punched in the top, ribbon can be added." WHAT?!?! 6x3? Well NO WONDER everyone ELSE who sent tags all sent similar shapes and sizes! Behold the lovelies:


Truly, dear friends, I did NOT intend to be a "rebel" ... a "rebel without a clue". :-(  Elizabeth insists that I should still send the tags, although they are and will be "not like the others." 

The cupcakes are being boxed up and lovingly sent PRONTO...not only did I make the WRONG kind but I am also late in making them! ARGH!

To all the dear ladies involved in the tag swap, please FORGIVE this clueless wonder her transgressions...and know that I will TRY to color INSIDE the lines in the next swap! 

More soon,
Paula Clare aka Clueless Wonder


12 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

Oh, Paula! Your tags are wonderfully adorable just as they are! What a lot of love and work you put into them all! I wish I hadn't backed out of the swap last month...just too much on my plate...oh, well! Can't do it all, can we?!

The ladies will absolutely love them, so worry not!

Have a beautiful, no-cutting-cupcakes day, my friend!

Julie

barncat (Lisa) said...

I don't care if you colored outside the lines or not, these are gorgeous!

I think I'm going to have the song stuck in my head all evening. . . One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong. . .

Nan said...

I love your tags and different is a good things.

Betty said...

I don't mind a bit that you didn't follow the rules! I love that cupcake and can't wait to see it in person!! You always make wonderful tags!

Unknown said...

Paula,
Remind me to tell you of the Halloween letter fiasco I did! Was suppose to make "A" and I made "E"....I have 20 of them! LOL Guess what kind of swap I am having next year???? LOL Your's are adorable! :):) Package is on it's way kiddo! :)

Sandy said...

I just had to laugh when I read your blog...OMG, it is something that I would so do. Aren't we all bumblers at times? I'm the cronic worrier...I worry about one thing after another and then.....well, let's just keep it at that. Since there are other Sandy's I'm going to go by Sandy O from now on.... xoso

Unknown said...

Join the clueless wonderful club! Oh my gosh Paula!!!! We have so many tags, these will be fantastic to have to set on our craft desks. Aren't our tags cute from last year? I keep them where I can see them at any time. I just love them. My Valentine's swap will be my last, and I hope you will join as well. It should be a free for all for all those rebels out there! Thank you so much Paul for these sweet as can cupcakes! E OH NO! My confirmation word is HOLOGIN! Perfectly perfect!

GardenOfDaisies said...

LOL! If you had been in high school, your teacher would have looked at you over her glasses and told you that you didn't read the directions! ;-)
But your tags are gorgeous and creative and I know that all the recipients will LOVE them!

Home and Heart said...

Clueless my eye!!! These are Sooooooooo stink' cute!! I was tossing an idea similar to this around for Elizabeth's new swap.
Now I don't know! no topping yours!!

Unknown said...

Hi Paula, Back again to tell you I have you signed up for the swap. Please do a cowboy theme! Please, please! I have two more very cute cards to send you. You always make my day! E

Pieceful Bits said...

super cuteness right here!! I resemble the scissor hands. I hand cut chipboard all the time..ouch.
Clueless equals sweet tags that will stand out from the crowd!
Happy Holidays
(~~)
Julie

vivian said...

Hi Paula! I dont know what happen, but all of a sudden you stopped showing up on my blog! so I have to readd you! I feel like Ive lost weeks of your postings! Anyways.. LOVE your tags for the swap.. soooo cute they are. Ive been so busy, even if I hadnt "lost you" I would be behind! but did you hear that I became a grandmother this week???
stop by to see how cute he is.
hugs to you and happy sunday!
vivian