Friday, December 18

LAST MINUTE GIFT IDEAS FOR THE HOLIDAYS

Greetings, dear reader!

Here are some more paperlicious ideas for the holidays...if you want to see a photo in more detail, click on the slideshow and it will take you to a gallery view.




Included in this show are:

1.  Christmas ornaments made from Children's Christmas books. Simply buy a few of the simple wood shapes from a craft store, or use sturdy chipboard. Cut into simple shapes and glue pages from book onto both sides of form. Add glitter, edge with a sparkly pipe cleaner, and voila! The Christmas tree never looked so festive!

2.  Peppermint Patty Snowman Heads.  Create snowman heads on any photo or paint program. Punch with 2" paper circle punch. Use a glue dot and stick each head to a Christmas (mini) York Peppermint Patty. Bag in ziploc snack bags, (4 per bag), create a bag topper from one of your favorite vintage holiday cards, staple to the top. You're done!

3. Ho Ho Ho Christmas Card Game. Purchase a digital kit that you love (one with cute, childlike images is good). Create cards by using one image per 2.5 x3.5 card. Make pairs  of each image (for a matching game). Use a picture of the child for a "wild" card in each deck. Package in clear plastic DVD case. Adorable!

4. Advent Book. Purchase a child's board book and cover with your favorite christmas papers. Make 25 paper strips, each 4" long. Write numbers 1-25 on each of the strips of paper. Fill the book with pockets, envelopes, journaling spots, or places for photos. The whole idea is to make a book that the recipient can finish a page a day and then have a wonderful souvenier for his/her trouble!

5. A couple of pictures of my Christmas decor...

Hope you enjoy the show! Peace and hot chocolate to thee!
Paula Clare

2 comments:

Betty said...

Paula! I love that advent book and all of your ornaments. My tags came from Elizabeth and I absolutely adore my tag from you! It is just so precious!! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Scrap for Joy said...

I am so happy that you visited me. Your art is beautiful and I love my tag...it's just so personal! All of the tags were amazing and I was thrilled to receive them! I am so lucky to have gotten the scotties...and the peg dolls and garlands. You have made some very beautiful things for Elizabeth. Aren't we lucky to be involved with this group.
Loved your post about your sisters. I have only one but I feel the same way about her!
Marry Christmas to you Paula Clare-I hope you'll visit again.
Joyce