Monday, December 21

DEAR SANTA....I CAN EXPLAIN...

Greetings, dear friends!

Armed with the intention of "wowing" my son and daughter in law when they come home Tuesday, I began thinking about something special to make for them. Having just attended an office party, one of said party goeers brought in a box of the most DARLING little treats...Christmas Eve Mice. Soooooooooo cute and "OH SO EASY" according to their maker...



So cute, right? Easy? Not so much...not for this culinarily (is that a word?) challenged one....I can just hear my son: "What's that I smell? FAILURE!" "Faily McFailerson rides again..." And so it goes. I give you MY version:


Trapped like rats under glass. :-)




I ended up making (besides a huge mess) 10. Yes, That's ONE ZERO. And decided I was done. The little pink eyes, (melted peppermint kises...don't ask) just creep me out.

Just more photgraphic proof that THIS CHICK needs to limit her holiday festivities to decorating and shopping. The whole food thing is...well, in the words of Lemony Snicket..."A Series of Misfortunate Events." Le sigh...

More soon,
Paula Clare

No comments: