Sunday, July 20

SNEAKY PEEKY

Greetings, dear readers! Happy Sunday to you!

I wanted to give you all a peek at something I've been working on for awhile now...I can't show you the whole thing because I want the recipient to be "SURPRISED" when she opens the box. However, this is an endeavor that I'm a bit of a newbie to. The whole sewing thing (like flower arranging) used to scare me spitless. I don't know if it's because I feel this is an "art frontier" I've yet to explore, or if I'm just feeling brave and sassy...I've seen all kinds of amazing art quilts...some that tend more toward traditional quilting:



And some more toward scrapbooking:



Mine is probably something in between. Here's the first little art quilt I did (my wonderfully thoughtful and "supportive" husband quipped, "It looks like a glorified potholder.") Nice.



And here are a few choice peeks at my latest attempt:

















Thanks for stopping by!

More soon!

XOXOXO


Paula Clare

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the whole art quilt genre. I've not done much of it since Christmastime. I have a few things planned out, but the whole remodelling thing has chaos reigning :)

Dusty

Contessa Kris said...

Ohhhh, you're a tease! I can't wait to see the piece in full. Thanks for stopping by my blog recently. We really enjoyed the Pier restaurant you recommended while in St. Pete. I'm craving the yellow rice and black beans right now. Must find a recipe.

Bunny B said...

Quilting + Scrapbooking = Uniquely Awesome!

scrappysue said...

that looks so cute and fun! i have a sewing machine, but all i use it for now is to mend things! i used to sew all the girls clothes when they were younger. it's a dying art we should try to preserve! keep up the great arty work paula!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Ooh! Love it!
The colors are delicious!
Becky

Bethel of Bethania said...

G'day Paula,
I got sent to your site via Google Alert & I will be back ... looking all very interesting. Ain't hubby's too much with their comments 'glorified potholder' must be the same the world over I think. Well Paula I think you have done a wonderful job and I will be interested in the secret one too looking all so interesting. I'm just starting on the fabric adventure too & having a ball ... all the best ... OOroo ... Bethel for the Land Down Under...

Angela said...

MEN....who can figure them?? I think it's all wonderful!!! Lots of cute goodies!!

Hugs~
Angie