Sunday, October 16

VISIONS OF VINTAGE CAMPERS DANCE IN MY HEAD!

Greetings, dear reader! YES, it is I once again...TWICE in one week! Do not die of surprise, I have something AMAZING to show/tell you!

Ever since I hosted the Vintage Camper Tag Swap I have dreamed of having a REAL campground with vintage campers...where I could play "Campground Host" for REAL. Well, while scouring the internet to see if the idea was a viable one (WHO CARES?!) I found THIS amazing little Campground:


And just look at some of the campers you can stay in:


A Rose Colored 62 Shasta Airlyte called Sally!

A DREAMY 62 Teepee Trailer called "The Flamingo Lounge!

And my absolute FAVE...Lucy, a 1963 Shasta! It looks very much like another vintage camper I know and LOVE:


A 1973 Fleetwing named MaryLou. (After my intrepid traveler mom). Will you indulge me as I share my "accomodations sales pitch" I would use if Mary Lou were added to the campground?

Mary Lou boasts a Cowgirl Interior, with handmade denim cusions and upcycled Levis placemats with bandana "belts"!

A two burner gas cooktop...

A working pump and washbowl...

Rope trimmed cabinets...

And red bandana curtains!

Lots of original cowgirl altAred Art:

And comfortable sleeping accomodations for two (miniature schnauzer not included)
It just occured to me I don't have a picture of the bed! I MUST add that to my to-do list! I want to show you the quilt that pulls it all together and the little Annie Oakley pillow I made to go with it! Oh! Anyway, back to the Starlite Campground...


AND it's in Colorado...could ANYTHING be more perfect?!?! I see another road trip in our future!



Thanks for stopping by and taking a little time to dream with me! More soon!

Paula Clare

3 comments:

Christmas-etc... said...

So so neat! Takes me back a few years to when I was a little girl (okay... many years!) and traveled Rt 66 and many other roads with my parents and our trailer! So much fun! Thanks!

Lynn said...

I would love to stay there and one of the vintage trailors would be heaven.
Thanks for sharing with us!
Hugs,
Lynn

GardenOfDaisies said...

How fun!! Your Mary Lou would look perfect there.