Thursday, December 17

SISTERS, SISTERS...NEVER WERE THERE SUCH DEVOTED SISTERS...

Greetings, dear reader!

Just a quick post to say, "I MISS MY SISTERS!"





We ALWAYS have such fun together..."high hilarity" we always call it. Laugh til we're sick...


  

Besides being ALWAYS up for an adventure...

 

They are both incredibly talented people...my youngest sister, Pam, writes (among other things) for a monthly women's ezine...

I give you Exhibit A: (You can subscribe here also...you'll be glad you did!)






My other sister, Peggy (who is 14 months younger than I) is amazingly gifted in her own right. Peg is one of the most caring people I know...she works at a Residential Care facility with elderly people...and they ALL love her. She has a quick wit and a heart that genuinely cares...a great combination for a "dietary technician".

She can also sew,(teeny, tiny hand stitches...who IS this woman?!) paint, craft...but her greatest ability (in my opinion) is that she is a  wonderfully thoughtful gift giver. She can (and does) "nail it" every year, Christmas or birthdays, or the most fun of all, the "for-no-reason" gift. My dear friend Gnomey came to me on such an occasion...












The bond we share as sisters is so incredible...besides being the longest releationships in ones life (other than that of parents) siblings have a shared history. When we get together, we sit around and regale one another with stories...as though none of us were there to know the scoop! The fun and hilarity comes in when we each share the specifics of said adventures...were we even on the same TRIP!?!?!

This year, my youngest sister will spend the holidays in Egypt, and my middle sister will spend them in Huntington, Indiana. My time will be spent in Springfield, MO with my two boys...but I KNOW it will be  a MUCH QUIETER Christmas than usual! I will miss you, sissies! Perhaps we could Skype long enough to be part of a "fireside chat"?




More soon!
Hugs and pillows of marshmallows,
Paula Clare

5 comments:

Faith Lynn said...

Hey Paula!

I am so very pleased for you, and at the same time, jealous of the sweet relationship you must have with your sisters! My only sister, Sandy, died from breast cancer 22 years ago, when she was 38 yrs old. I think of her every day, and miss her terribly. I do often break out in a big smile imagining the trouble she and I could have gotten into over the years! I know that she is often right here with me, and that gives me a sense of great peace and comfort.

Over the years, I have found many women who have become my surrogate sisters, and I cherish them all. I also really have held on to some of my childhood friends deep in my heart, and it has given me great joy to have found and reconnected with them over the last couple of years. You, my dear Paula, are one of those gifts to me....very like a sister!

Love ya girl!
Faith Lynn

Paula Clare said...

A gift indeed! You are such a gift to me as well...I have several "sisters" who have been dubbed so because they have put up with me so long there's NO WAY they are getting rid of me...they know waaaaaaaaay too much! ha!

Perhaps we can meet "in the middle" this spring...or show up at an AltAred Art Retreat together! how fab would THAT be?

Glad you found me...glad we found each other (oh those so many thousands of years ago)

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Awwww! I loved the pics of the 3 of you from days past. Too cute!! SIsters are awesome.

Faith Lynn said...

A retreat?? That would be a blast!
Do they have them in like Chicago area, or Wisconsin??

Paula Clare said...

Hi Faith,
I will check and see what I can find out...surely there is a retreat in/near Chicago. I would DIE to go to a Sabrina Ward Harrison seminar or retreat. She is incredible...

I will keep you posted regarding what I discover!

Huggles!