Saturday, February 5

SIMPLE AND SWEET MINI FABRIC COLLAGE SNEAK PEEKS!

Greetings, dear reader!

Well the miserable weather here in the Vern has afforded me the opportunity to get caught up on my Valentines (all 28 finished! HOORAY!) and to get finished my little 5x7 art quilt for the Simple and Sweet Winter Swap over at A Swap for All Seasons.

My swap partner (Michelle Cummings) said that she likes reds, purples and turquoise...gypsy colors! Her palette faves and mine are remarkably close (red and aqua for me...I detest purple of any sort) However I found some FAB batik fabric that was deep purple...and since it was splotchy and kind of "tie dyed" I liked it. Here are a few peeks of the little quilt made specifically with Michelle in mind:

I used beading, fabric adhesive, sewing, ink jet printing on fabric, vintage laces, mother of pearl buttons, vintage velvet and ribbons, and more!





I made a fabric pinwheel out of some of the batik fabrics and other jewel-toned scraps I had in my stash...
I found some of the most beautiful vintage earrings while walking Webster at the park last June...one of these gorgeous finds, in the form of a sparkling angel wing was added to the gypsy image. I was given beautifully faceted beads in purple, lavender and red...I wondered what I would do with them...voila! Beaded trim for the little quilt!


Must get this and my long overdue New Years prizes and Valentines in the mail Monday! I hope Michelle likes her quilt...and I am grateful for the patience the rest of you have shown me! More soon! Hugs!

Paula Clare

2 comments:

Betty said...

I can't wait to see the whole collage!!

Tamera's Craft Palace said...

ooooo--it looks FABULOUS!!! mine is done--just waiting to be mailed out this week!!