Wednesday, June 16

HEY! WHAT'S THAT ON YOUR FACE?!

Greetings, dear reader!



While I realize this is an AltAred Art blog, I always find it so exciting when people share their personal beauty regimen...I know. I'm weird. But I've had several readers privately email and ask "What makeup do you use?" "Your face in your pictures and videos looks so natural. Are you WEARING makeup?" WOW! What a nice thing to ask...I've spent YEARS looking for a makeup that didn't look/feel like makeup...and YES, I wear makeup. EVERYWHERE. I never leave home without it!

Anyway, I have hypersensitive skin...and I am very picky about the kind of products I use...I only use organic products, because even products made for sensitive skin, and so called hypoallergenic products still have enough "garbage" in them that my skin breaks out or...

I once went to a "facial party" with a Mary Kay Commando (no offense to any of the commandos out there) and was told the product for sensitive skin would be a blissful experience for me...As soon as my mineral makeup was taken off (with the cleanser) and then wiped with the toner my face WAS ON FIRE! I realize I am not your typical "sensitive" type, however, this experience etched itself into my mind and so ANYthing that says "for sensitive skin" or "hypoallergenic" I research thoroughly and then try to go to the organic version of said products...just to be on the "safe" side!

SO, my regimen is as follows:

Nourish Organic Cucumber and Watercress Face Wash (it's not expensive, never fear!)

Dr. Bronner's Patchouli Lime Moisturizer (it smells and feels WONDERFUL!)

It took me a lot of years and many attempts at using store purchased foundations to finally "bite the bullet" and pay the price for Bare Mineral makeup. I MUST TELL YOU, it's the best foundation I have ever EVER used! It stays on all day, doesn't look heavy, doesn't FEEL heavy, and I've been told I look radiant. :-) (A happy plus)

Bare Minerals Mineral Foundation (medium)
Bare Minerals Mineral Blush (Warm Radiance)
Bare Minerals Blush Eyeshadow (Light Peach Pink Matte)

Bare Minerals Mineral Veil (Translucent) to set my makeup

Pure Soul Mascara (Waterproof)

(WARNING: Hypoallergenic does NOT safe for sensitive eyes make! Look for organic mascara that is made specifically for sensitive eyes!)

Mineraux Mulberry Organic Lip Tint (healing and smells yummy!)

Indigo Wild Zum Face Sugar Scrub (lemongrass)

There you have it! I have my morning face routine worked into a 10 minute science, from scrub to finishing veil makeup. Hope you feel it's worth a try!

More (art related) posts soon!
Paula Clare

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have mild Roscea? I was diagnosed with that and I have to stay on antibiotics or my face flares up and I get some gnarly break outs. Maybe if I tried this i could stop, I mean really how long should you be on antibiotics??! But just like you any cleanser, any make up irritates my skin. Never tried bare minerals though.

Paula Clare said...

Hi Kari,
Nope, not roscea! Believe me I would WELCOME a diagnosis of ANY kind...it's just a hypersensitivity to just about anything they use in makeup...as a teen I had lots of acne issues, and used a topical treatment that was a super SUPER high mega dose of Vitamin A...ever since, my skin's been peachy, (and I have GREAT night vision!)lol

I went through several types of mineral makeups before I settle on Bare Escentuals...they cost a bit more, but they ARE the best out there in my humble opinion!

Anonymous said...

Very informative...
Over the years (and I have 59+ under my belt) I've used less and less makeup...everything I try leaves me with a tell-tale blackhead lurking:(
so, I'm actually down to nothing but Philosophy's HOPE IN A JAR moisturizer and BURTS BEES lip gloss.
Thanx for the links...I'm going to take a look.
~victoria~

Cindy said...

Paula I went to mail my tags..I can't find your address..argh!!

How I missed it I don't know? could you please send me a e-mail asap. Thank you.

Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

big fan of bareminerals as well. recently changed to MAC mineral, and my face got all blotchy!
I'll hav to try the dr. b's moisturizer.