Thursday, April 1

"I'M A MAGPIE! I'M A MAGPIE!"

Greetings, dear reader!

Of course I speak of the famed "Magpie Ethel and the Blog Ribbon Challenge created by our dear Elizabeth of Creative Breathing.

My favorite aunt used to call me and my sister Peggy "Heckle and Jeckle" (for those of you who do not know this illustrious duo...behold the following):






Two wild and crazy magpies!


(Heckle and Jeckle, aka Paula and Peggy at an early age...with our dear daddy) Aren't we adorable?

Annnnnnnnnnyway, here is my blog ribbon...as always, it's made completely of repurposed paper and such...I felt a bit like a bird building a nest...hey! It's a THEME! lol


Speaking of birds nesting...I hung a happily spring wreath on my front door, and daily see a sweet little wren mama building a nest at the top for her babies...it seems a precarious place to build a home, what with me constantly in and out and all...but it is a wonderful springtime gift to sit in the early morning hours drinking my Earl Grey and watching mama bird so hard at work.

Here's the kind of wreath I'm talking about:



I will post pictures of the nest in progress when I can do so without disturbing the residents. :-) SO SWEET!

Ok, I'm on to my next project...and gathering goodies for my next giveaway! WOOHOO!

Springtime smooches!
Paula Clare






2 comments:

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Paula,

Very cute post, and I can't wait to see piccy's of the bird nest in the wreadth with momma .that would be so cool!

Hugs,
Meri

Nan said...

Paula I love your blog ribbon, how clever. I put a gnome on mine I thought it just was a given with me.