Wednesday, April 28

1940s ORIGINAL WATERCOLOR: DARLING VINTAGE DUO!

Greetings, dear reader!

As I am preparing to get my accessories in order, I have re-found some treasures I am so thrilled to be able to share with you. These adorable original watercolor paintings are signed, numbered, and were in terrible glass/enamel frames that caused water damage in a couple of places...however, through the magic of digital "photographic surgery" VOILA! They are perfect for printing, framing and hanging! I fell madly in love with the dutch-y sweetness of the two:



Feel free to use them in any personal way you'd like...print them, frame them, create cards, tags, dutch diorama?

AND, I found these on Saturday whilst dodging tornadoes:













Sorry about the poor blurry pics...for those of you with wonderful antique malls and flea markets, I would love the little red riding hood or the "hey diddle diddle" (man in the moon looking jar) cookie jars. Please let me know if you find one and what the price is of said cookie jar. :-) Sometimes you can find them fairly inexpensively (cookie jars were half price the day I went shopping...couldn't find anything remotely similar to ANY of these...of course) and sometimes they are a fortune...like this one: starting bid $499.00!


There ARE a lot of reproductions out there, but I don't car if my jar is truly vintage or not...the only thing I WOULDN'T like is if I PAID A PRICE like it was vintage then found out it was a cheap knock off! Here's an article about real vs. phoney...I thought it was interesting...

Anyway, hope you've enjoyed this mini game of "show n tell". I'll be back tomorrow with some more red and aqua treasures...they are WONDERFUL! YAY!

HUGS,
Paula Clare

10 comments:

Linda Ruthie said...

First of all, I'm so glad you came through the violent weather unharmed. Scary!! Next, thank you so much for the lovely Dutch children prints. I love the colors. I will keep an eye out for cookie jars when I go junking. I'd better bring my camera just in case I find something interesting to show you. I can't wait to see your kitchen redo. I love the fabric with the kitchen appliances for your curtains. (I have some of that fabric waiting to be sewn into an apron.) Perhaps you could add some Jadite pieces to your kitchen to tie it all together.

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love those cookie jars! My youngest sister has a Little Red Riding Hood, that I drool over every time I visit. Now I'm off to read your article on real vs phoney.

Hearts Turned said...

What wonderful images, Paula! Love those cookie jar prints--wish I had all those cookie jars! (Don't know where I'd put them, though...!) Thanks for sharing the fabulous Dutch skaters--love them!

Hope you're having a beautiful day!

Scrap for Joy said...

Your Dutch prints are adorable! Will you please come to my house (on your way to Elizabeth's) and teach me Photoshop? I have it but have not installed it yet. :)
xoxo
Joyce

ImagiMeri said...

Good Morning Paula,

I will keep a look-out for such cookie jars, but it's a long shot out here. Check with Elizabeth (Creative Breathing) her sources are amazing. Thank you for the Dutch boy & girl images...they're sweet. Have a great day!

Hugs,
Meri

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

For 500 bucks, I'd be afraid to keep cookies in it! Little fingers would always be tempted to sneak into it and it might get knocked over.

Unknown said...

PAULA!!! Do you see my coveted Majorette cookie jar on the end of your picture!!! It is in my antique mall with my name on it (when I win the lottery!) It is $800.00!!!! more than my whole crafting cupboard. A girl can dream! I am so excited for your great find of the Dutch figures, thank you for sharing! Have a great day! E

Faith Lynn said...

Cute Cookie Jars! I loved the Hey Diddle Diddle one the best! Although the Shy Piggie with those EYELASHES was also adorable! I'll bet you are a B*L*A*S*T to shop with!

Love you,
Faith Lynn

Unknown said...

Paula, I hope you see this before you're off to bed! This swap is tailored made for you! Route 66 would be so amazing!!!! Now I can't wait to see all of them. I think you had better make a Route 66 set for yourself as well - What a great idea! Oh am I going to have fun choosing who gets what state! E

Jan Hennings said...

The Dutch Children prints are amazing!! Love the colors, too :)