Tuesday, September 8

Greetings, dear reader!

As promised, here's a peak at my camping journal (with commentary) and the infamous Blue Whale of Catoosa, OK! Enjoy!



The little wooden camping book came from Michael's $1.00 section...it had a tent on the front but I used my camping kit from Elsie's Red Velvet Art to make it more "Clouse" appropriate. :-) I painted it with watercolor pencils...I just LOVE the control you have with pencils and water brushes! The adorable buttons are from the effervescent Tessa Ann...aren't they fab?









And here he is...the blue whale of Catoosa. My husband met an artist who knew the man who created the whale. He asked his wife, "What do you want for your birthday?" and she very JOKINGLY said, "Oh, I don't know. A blue whale I suppose." So he made her one! The grandkids used it for years, but it is now closed and only open for picnicing. A sad loss for the town of Catoosa, who has very little else as it's "Claim to Fame!"







More blue whale pics:











More soon! Hugs and kisses!
Paula Clare

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Paula, Your scrapbook is so whimsical. I love that you hand illustrate! This Blue Whale of a story is the best! I am going to devour each post of your trip. I love this kitschy type of thing. Fun, fun, fun! About the pom pom's they are HUGE. Once I posted a normal sized one that Jennifer Murphy makes against mine. They come up to their knees! That is how it is so easy to costume them! I think they are the favorite thing I make. PS I loved your stitched camper! E