Wednesday, July 22

HOME AGAIN...

Greetings, dear readers!

I am grateful to have made the trip to Tahlequah, OK and lived to tell about it! The weather in Oklahoma is...well, do you know how HOT Oklahoma is mid-July? ("No, how hot is it?" you ask?) Try 117 degrees! SHEESH! There were times I was certain I would internally combust! However, lots of work was done and many new friendships were made...you can check out my pictures on my facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pclouse1?ref=profile

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I've been creating...painting furniture, stripping carpet from floors, and getting ready to make my craft room a bit "craftier". Here's a groovy rug I found at World Market. It's EXACTLY the color, style and size I would have painted on the floor...AND (here's the best part) it is PLASTIC and was only $7.00! WOOT!






I've also painted an old white desk chair...basecoated it aqua (what else?!) and then hand painted some designs on it...I used rubons for some of the details too!





Even hubby dear likes it!







In my next post...I will show you photos of the "altAred Art" created while on the reservation in Oklahoma!

Meanwhile, peace in the hood!



More soon!

XOXOXOX



5 comments:

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

LOVE the chair you did super good on that thang~

Krissy said...

Ahh!! What a find! And that chair is to die for. Would LOVE to see a pix of the desk!
Cheers,
Krissy

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What a GREAT chair...now that you've had your hand in -smile-. That just makes me GRIN and thank you for making me grin. Your art is fabulous, enjoyed my first visit.

Unknown said...

Paul, Your painted chair is amazing! It's so you! Bright and cheerful with a little whimsey on the side! Just love it! Elizabeth

Paula Clare said...

Aw, shucks, ladies! Thanks so much for the sweet comments about my chair...it is an "orphan". Gave the desk away to the little gramma who lives next door...she thought it a perfect addition to her living room.

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment! Hugs to all!