Tuesday, June 9

THE NOTION OF "HOME"

Greetings, dear reader!

If you are reading this, (and you know who you are!) I would like to ask a favor of you...read on!

I was out yesterday walking Webster, and it occured to me how very lucky I am to live in a relatively safe area in a relatively safe town, and how fortunate and blessed I am to have 750 sq feet of dry, comfortable shelter. And then I thought that the idea of "home" evokes such warm and safe feelings for me...So what is it that makes our little house a home and not just "shelter"?

So many things came racing to mind...and then I thought, "I would LOVE to have an art journal full of ATCs with the theme of "home"! I could make them all, but I want to know what friends and family members think when they hear the word, "home."

So here's the favor: Would YOU, gentle reader, do me the honor of creating for me an Artist Trading Card with the theme "home"? I'm asking for just one 2.5 x 3.5 little piece of art...that captures your heart for "home." I will include it in my art journal and display it here on my blog and on my Facebook page. AND I will send each person who contributes a little RAK as a thank you!

Consider it a therapy assignment. Consider it a favor for a friend...consider it a chance to creatively think about the notion of "home" and make it visual. Whichever of these scenarios that motivate or inspire you, please take to heart and begin! (The excuse: "I'm no artist" is not acceptable.)

I'd like all ATCs to me by the end of July. That gives us all time enough to think, process and do! I believe most all of my readers know my snail mail addy, if not, please email me and I'll be glad to send it to you. I am hoping some of my international readers join in the fun! (If postage costs are prohibitive ( from wherever you are), let me know and I will help defray the costs!) SUCH a deal!

So in summary, here are the details:

1. Mail to me a single 2.5 x 3.5 ATC.
2. The theme is "HOME"
3. Due by the end of July
4. RAK will be sent your way!

I will be posting sneak peaks of my art journal in the meantime...thanks in advance!




XOXOXOX



Paula Clare

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Paula Clare, I came to tell you to read my giveaway hints just one more time.... I just know you will give yourself a good laugh when you figure out the EASY answer. I am so inspired by your post! May I send you a card? I think this is such a lovely idea. My e-mail is mermaidmom46@columbus.rr.com. I am so happy to have discovered your blog. A wonderful rest of the week to you! Elizabeth

Rebecca Ramsey said...

I LOVE your background and heading. You are so creative!