Wednesday, October 1

HAPPY OCTOBER 1st!

Greetings, dear readers!

I hope you are all (those of you who live in the midwest US or in a place where seasons change) enjoying the refreshing change of weather! The cool, crisp air, the bright blue sky against red and golden leaves...ahhhhhhh. What could be better?

pc030085

Truly the changing leaves and cooler weather are two of my favorite parts of autumn. Oh! And this:



And it's the time of year for one of my favorite literary authors: Edgar Allen Poe. His books, The Pit and the Pendulum, The TellTale Heart, and the Raven (the one I created my banner to commemorate) have been longstanding favorites. I am not one who enjoys "slasher movies", nor do I watch or can I tolerate the "shockers" that have graced the theatres in the past few years. I suppose because I love literature, the storyline has to be a bit more tangible...well written, suspenseful.

Vincent Price has played the lead in almost every Edgar Allen Poe movie I can think of...and, of course NOW, with all the advances in technology, the effects of the old black and white movies are less than spectacular. However, a good story is a good story...and Poe writes in such a suspenseful, timeless manner that even "hammy" acting and black and white film cannot dampen the terror of the story!

Here's a clip to show you what I mean:



MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Happy first day of October to ye!

More soon!

XOXOXOX




Paula Clare

1 comment:

Fannie said...

I agree with you about Edgar Allen Poe. His writing is engaging and makes you forget about space and time. He's one of those writers that makes you think about your values and makes you ponder about your truth, weaknesses, ideas, etc.

Great post! Happy October to you too!