Sunday, August 17

SOMEBODY CALL THE FAIL WHALE!

Greetings, dear readers!

As many of you may/may not know, Twitter is a social media application that many of us bloggers use to stay in touch (140 characters at a time!) (see my sidebar entitled: "Twitterly Things") When Twitter is over capacity, (which seems to happen alot) or when there are "too many 'tweets'", the website shows this:



Rather than get upset and shake our fists at the technology, many of us have EMBRACED THE FAIL WHALE within...and we've learned to be okay with failing! It's truly liberating!

Meanwhile, wacky and clever Aussie Twitter aficiando Andrew Sayer has created fail whale stickers for us to share the "love of failure" around the world. Behold:



Little did I know the amazing world that would open up to me once I began acknowledging both my own and the failure of others (which is received with mixed reviews)!

The Fail Blog has made it a topic of cultural interest:



Artist Yiying Lu has made it an artform:



Meanwhile, feel free to try something new today...AND FAIL! As a wise man once said,

"Men succeed when they realize that their failures are the preparation for their victories." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

More soon!

Meanwhile: COUNTDOWN TO ANNOUNCEMENT:

Blinkie Maker



Paula Clare

2 comments:

Angela said...

Hooray for failures!!! Of which I've made my share as well as enough for 5 or 6 other people!! I do hope for myself it is becoming less of a trend :) I love the fail whale! Very cute!!!

Hugs~
Miss Angie

Rebecca Ramsey said...

I love this! And it reminds me of Garrison Keillor's graduation speech on the importance of failure. Go into the world and fail!
Very interesting!
Becky