Tuesday, June 3

INSPIRED TO CREATE!

Greetings, Gentle Reader!

I don't know if this is true for YOU, but for ME, being surrounded by and in the middle of beauty (i.e. the mountains, rivers and wildlife of Colorado) is energizing and inspiring. Drawing, writing, creating just seems to "bubble out" of me...here are a few of my latest creations:





I picked up these cones a while ago at Red Lead...and couldn't decide what to do with them. My recent purchase of polka dot felt helped make the decision! I wanted them to be utilitarian since they'll be hanging on my soon-to-be-completely-covered walls. I decided to use one for paintbrushes, and one for scissors. They are handy, within reach and (most importantly) CUTE!



I fell in love with the idea of spoon "storybooks" immediately! On one of my recent vintage shopping expeditions,a FABulous set of silver flatware glistening in the sunlight caught my eye...knives, forks, spoons, even a cake server, lying in a flannel case, shining in that olden-golden-yellow-way of silver... PERFECT! Now all I needed were some of Ranger's amazing Alcohol Inks to dye said spoons. A trip to Archivers and I had all I needed to assemble my first spoon storybook.



The "story" came from, (who else?) The Storypeople! I get their stories in my inbox daily, and I felt that this one, because it spoke of silence, and because silence has become a profoundly important aspect of my spiritual (and artistic) journey needed to be paid homage via shiny, colorful spoons!



The story reads: "If there is any secret to this life I live it is this: The sound of what cannot be seen SINGS within everything that can. And there is nothing more to it than that."

More soon!



Paula

4 comments:

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

LOVE the spoons! That is such a cool idea...I always wondered what cool thing that you could do with alcohol ink. The colors are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Aren't those neat!!! I'm watching the hamster wheel spin in my brain trying to figure out how to do a modified version of this with the girlies.

Dusty

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

How fun and unusual! I've never seen anything like these! -Julia

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

Love those spoons!! Thanks for the comments on my blog! Love to see you again there..