Tuesday, March 25

BLOGGERS BALL COUNTDOWN: 4 DAYS!

Greetings readers! I hope you are polishing up your dancing shoes for the big Bloggers Ball on Saturday night? I have scoured and found some musical selections for our evening of dance and merriment, and would like to hear from YOU regarding your favorite tunes in the following genres:


Argentine, tango, Bolero, Cha Cha, Foxtrot, Hustle, Mambo, Merengue, Paso Doble, Polka Quickstep, Rumba, Salsa, Samba, Swing, Tango, Two-Step, (nightclub, not country) Viennese Waltz, Waltz ,West Coast Swing. The song playing on the blog right now is by a musician named Louis Prima! Yes, that's right...SWING! How I love the jump, jive and wail!

SOoooooooo, leave a comment listing a song or two that immediately comes to mind when you think "Ballroom dancing." For me it was "I Could Have Danced All Night" (by Julie Andrews) I've already taken it off the player because there's just so much of that kind of thing one can stand. :-) However, I will be playing a ballroom song each day until the bloggers ball...so if you have any requests, get them to me soon...CHOP! CHOP!

Also, I have a bit of a lighting dilemma. I have a "vision" for the way I want the palace to be decorated, but I confess I can't decide which I like the best. Here are a few of the contenders:

LIGHTING SAMPLE #1: Simple, white, chinese lanterns offer a soft ambient glow but allow the table linens to take center stage. I just LOVE the lime green and hot pink!




LIGHTING SAMPLE #2: Ahhhh, the 1920s era pink room...pink is one of the lighting colors said to be flattering on EVERYONE. The simple chandeliers provide task lighting, but the pink glow is the real show stealer...the pink plumes on the tables are FAB, don't you think?



LIGHTING SAMPLE #3: Bringing the outdoors in! The lanterns are the colors of spring and are mimicked in the flowers on the tables...it looks like a garden where the ballroom belles will be the flowers!


LIGHTING SAMPLE #4: Okay, here's one for all of you dramatic types...one HUGE japanese lantern that functions as the moon during the evening. No cloud cover, no deep shadows...just lovely, natural looking "mood lighting"!



LIGHTING SAMPLE #5: And finally the wildflower decor. Real trees and outdoor lanterns are brought in (even sod if we wish!) and the whole party is suddenly transported to the "veranda" where we may sip a mint julep or five!


Please cast your votes for the lighting sample of your choice on the poll in the sidebar...we will decorate accordingly! Oh! One more thing...take a look at this AMAZING ice sculpture for the buffet table:



More soon!



Paula

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted for no. 5.. but DAYM.. the pink 20's look came a close 2nd.:)))

Ngaixxx

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

oooo..the first one is my vote. Love the pink and green, too.

Debbie said...

Oh my.....I looked again. I love the lime green and pink......but loved the outside atmosphere of #5....wish we could have the best of both worlds.