Saturday, December 8

Easy, Quick Gift Ideas

Greetings, dear readers! I have been in the throes of continued decking and wrecking of the halls around here, forgive my absence...but...I come bringing photos...does that make up for it? Here are two FAB, easy Christmas projects scraplifted from the AMAZING Sara Horton at Designer Digitals. You simply MUST check them out... Until then, I give you my version of said FAB projects:



These are little treats for folks who have been (for whatever reason) helpful to me or just "there" for me in the past year. York Peppermint Patties with little home made sticker faces...are they not adorable? I printed the Let it snow topper on Epson premium glossy paper for a store bought look.

And then for my wee nephews and nieces, a cute little card game, presented in a clear DVD case. Sara originally used the DVD tins (which are SO nice) but impossible to find in podunk, USA. SOooooooooooo, I decided the clear ones are far more economical, and clear so there's display value also. :-) Here's the front...



And this is the inside ...instructions and the two decks of cards.


And the back...

.

Here are Sara's directions:

It's a card game for 2 or 2 teams.

I put the games in metal DVD containers, then covered the containers with decorative labels.

Game Instructions: Wink
Shuffle and divide the cards into two piles - red pile and green pile.

Arrange cards face-down. Divide players into two teams.

One team will draw cards from the red pile.

The other team will draw cards from the green pile.

Take turns drawing cards one at a time.

The first team to spell HO HO HO wins.


Credits:
Jolly Lil Friends kit and both sticker sets by Mindy Terasawa
Iced Delights striped alpha by Katie Pertiet
font: GE Booker

Supplies:

2 pieces 12x12 photo paper (I used Epson Matte Scrapbook paper)
(you'll need to print the cards on one side and the colored backgrounds on the back. If you don't have double-sided paper, you'll need to print a sheet of the backing to attach to the backs of the cards. If you don't have a wide format printer, just make your cards so that they fit on 8.5x11 instead - you'll just need more paper.)
2 pieces 8.5x11 photo paper
DVD tin
corner rounder (EK Success)
Double-sided tape with a red liner (the really, really sticky kind)
paper trimmer

DO go to Designer Digitals to the Gallery Section (and check out their shop too...FABULOUS digital kits for Christmas!) to get better directions for assembling the game...it's a bit tricky if you're not comfortable around Photoshop Elements or some other photo processing program. But I LOVE it...and it will be well received. I'm making one for an older nephew called YO HO HO with a pirate theme. Too cute, yes? Then there's always the YO YO YO "game from the hood" (jk) or with a yo yo theme! See how my mind works? Scary, isn't it?

Let me know if you attempt any of the above...there's limitless inspiration out there! And I intend to find it...ALL! teehee

Back to my Elfin Kingdom! More soon!
XXXXX Peppermint Mocha SMOOCHIES!

No comments: