Wednesday, November 9

PHOTO CHALLENGE DAY 8: INSPIRING PERSON

Greetings, dear reader!

In the beginning...I thought the daily discipline of posting would be the toughest part of this...I have come to realize there are much tougher things...like figuring out WHICH of my inspiring friends to feature in this post?! 

I guess, when it all boils down to it, I have to pay homage to my mom  as my most inspiring person...I've even painstakingly typed a blog taken from notes found in her photo albums. You can read a bit about HER life...I thought it was HER memoirs, but as it turns out, it is more about her mother, Julia. You can read more at "A Sharecropper's Daughter." I will be adding photos to the blog soon...meanwhile, here's my mom in her many forms:


Mom and me at 7 Falls in Colorado...

 The last professional picture mom had taken...

This is my mom's HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR PICTURE! Can you believe it? Doesn't she look like she should be in college or something? 18 years old...just about the same time she married this guy:

He was 38 and just finished a tour in the army in World War 2. He served in every theatre (his war photos are amazing!) Dad was always the kinder, gentler, side of love. Mom was the Type A, get it done kind of gal.

Together, they were a dynamic duo that spent over 25 years together when dad passed away in 1988 at the age of 76.  Mom died in 2003 at the age of 66. I miss them terribly...

Oh! And I've decided to name my vintage canned ham "Mary Lou" after my mom...All the cute vintage campers have names...and Mary Lou seemed a perfect "retro fit!"

More soon!

Paula Clare

4 comments:

vivian said...

wonderful pics of your parents. I'm sorry they are gone now. but I think Mary lou is a PERFECT name for your canned ham!
have a great day PAula Clare.
xo
viv

ImagiMeri said...

Hey Pretty Lady,

Thank you so much for sharing the personal story with us.

I'm still totally occupied by my mother, as she had another spill today. After 5 falls, I think she's finally got it in her head that she can't live alone again and that she does need 24 hour care. It's hard at the almost age of 80 to find that you have reached your limits.

Have a wonderful day,
Meri

Lynn said...

wonderful pictures and memories of your parents. I love the name Mary Lou and it fits the vintage camper perfect.
Hugs,
Lynn

Unknown said...

Paula, what a wonderful post! It is such fun to see the persons in your life who have meant so much.
PS I loved your red and aqua challenge! I always delight in seeing your aqua cupboard again. Have a great Thanksgiving celebration! Elizabeth