Thursday, January 22

INSPIRATION...AND 16 THINGS ABOUT ME!

Greetings, dear reader!

One of my most consistent places of inspiration is ArtsyMama's Blog...she just finished a 16 things challenge and then challenged readers to do likewise...so here goes:

1. I have lived in the midwest all my life...however I have not a single hestiation about drastically changing my geography. I love my home, but when I am gone on vacation, visiting, or traveling, I never, EVER get homesick. I have the ability to always be COMPLETELY present wherEVER that may be. (I tend to think I'm either a missionary or gypsy at heart...)



2. I am an avid collector of journals. Do I write in them? Sometimes. Do I fill them? Rarely. Do I sketch and draw in them? Often. Will I quit collecting until I've used what I already have? Doubtful.



3. My favorite music to create to is French 1920s and 1930s music. I also love the soundtrack from the french movie Amelie.



4. My taste in color, style and trends waxes and wanes...almost daily. I have an almost constant love for "all things hippie" (patchouli, tie dye, peace signs, woodstock music, etc) but also have "fits" of loving cutesy, retro, vintage, victorian, and art deco. My dream home would be a huge 3 story Victorian with 30 rooms decorated in 30 different themes.



5. It has been a secret goal of mine to one day work as a Bible translator in the wilds of Papua New Guinea.



6. I would love to try my hand at being a Pet Therapist rather than a people therapist:



7. I have absolutely no fear in speaking in front of large crowds...I have discovered that the key to not feeling anxious (for me) is believing in whatever it is I'm speaking about. I can very readily talk about something I believe in .



8. I love and am inspired by children's books...I have often thought I'd love to write and illustrate a children's book about some mental health issue: depression, anxiety, fear, etc. This is from one of my art journals:



NEXT 8 tomorrow!

More soon!

XOXOXOX



Paula Clare

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh!!! Hey Chicky, I'm liking this little random thing. Though it should be noted I like to read them, not participate much!

Huggles,
D

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

WOW!! These are so interesting to read about you. I love the childrens' book, too...