Sunday, February 17

LITTLE KNOWN FACTS ABOUT...

Hello dear ones... I make it a rule to be as transparent as possible while writing on my blog...however, there are a few things about me I'm not sure you realize...for example, the other day I confessed to being a monk. An interesting little tidbit that I'm sure you were unaware of. Here's yet another...while I hope you have some inkling that I LOVE photography and taking pictures (the digital camera is only THE greatest invention of all time...and all the camera buffs said a hearty "HOOAH!!!") I LOVE art, and I LOVE color, and I LOVE glass...ergo, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dale Chihuly!

My hubby and I attended an art show at the St. Louis Botanical Gardens that featured Chihuly's work (the cafe in the St. Louis Art Museum has a Chihuly chandelier hanging above the stairway all year round...GORGEOUS in pink!)

It was SO amazing. I am just agog every time I see his work. The man is truly a genius.

Anyway, thought I'd share a few of those pictures...to bring some color into what is otherwise a rather drab, dull, boring winter in the midwest. Enjoy!

This is the first thing you see as you walk into the gardens



And then these fabulous "floating onions." These have been added to the Botanical Gardens permanent collection. Aren't they FUN?!?!







And then this boat full of "blue" that looks to be organically growing beside the pond...





And then this in the Climatron...







As you exit the Climatron, these beautiful glass "organisms" are looming above your head giving you the feeling of being under the sea. Truly amazing...



This Sunburst at the entrance to the rose garden...



More soon!


Paula

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been there!! It is so beautiful. I didn't realize it was a permanent exhibit! We'll have to go back sometime soon and eat at the spag. factory too. So tasty! Miss and love you guys!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! what a MAGICAL place!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!
peace.
Ngaire
x